Assistance For Alcohol Related Concerns
Have you ever...
...worried about your own or someone else's drinking?
...experienced problems related to your own or someone else's drinking?
...wondered how your parents' drinking while you were growing up has affected you?
You're not alone.
Resources available to help you address these concerns:
- Old Dominion University Counseling Services, (757) 683-4401 (also has information about additional resources in the community)
- Old Dominion University Student Health Services, (757) 683-3132
- Alcoholics Anonymous, (757) 490-3980
- Narcotics Anonymous, (757) 459-8467
- Alcohol Abuse 24-hour Addiction Assessment Information & Treatment Helpline, (800) 441-2731
Concerned about the impact of the drinking of someone close to you:
- Al-Anon Information Service, (800) 344-2666 (for family members and friends of people
having trouble with drinking)
- Old Dominion University STAR (Students Teaching Alcohol Responsibility), (757) 683-5927
If you are interested in talking individually with a counselor or joining a support group to deal with Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACOA) issues, come into the Office of Counseling Services, 1526 Webb Center, North Wing or call (757) 683-4401. All services are confidential.